Terms and Conditions
For renting Faugères House Ltd for the rental of 6 rue du Ponget, Faugères, 34600, France:
A. RENTAL FEE
- An advance payment of 30 per cent of the fee is needed to secure a booking plus a returnable security deposit of £145.00 (sterling). The remainder is payable 30 days before arrival. No payment will forfeit any advance payment and security/damage deposit.
- Payments are only accepted by bank transfer and deposits are only returned by bank transfer.
- The proprietors or their authorised agents reserve the right to change the fees without notice.
- The maximum number of occupants is seven (7) persons regardless of age.
- The minimum rental period is three (3) nights low- and mid-season and seven (7) nights high-season unless otherwise agreed.
- Bookings start from 3pm(local time) on the agreed date of arrival and end at 12 noon on the agreed date of departure unless otherwise agreed in writing. Early arrival and late departures may each incur an additional charge. Late departures that have not been agreed in writing in advance will incur a further additional charge to be deducted from the security/damage deposit.
- Pets are not permitted in the cottage under any circumstances.
- Smoking — including electronic cigarettes and 'vaping' — is not permitted anywhere on the property.
- The rental fee includes the provision of bed linen and towels for use at the property only. (Please bring your own beach towels.) Occupants accept liability for linen and towels. In the event of any loss or damage, the security deposit will be forfeit in whole or in part.
- Any booking obtained under false pretence will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money, and the party will not be allowed entry to the property.
- Any exceptions to these terms and conditions must be confirmed in writing in advance at least fourteen (14) days before arrival.
B. SECURITY/DAMAGE DEPOSIT
An additional security/damage deposit of £145.00 (sterling) is required in addition to the rental deposit. This will be returned by bank transfer approximately 15 working days after departure subject to an inspection of the property confirming that the following provisions have been met and the safe receipt of the keys at the registered office.
- No damage is done to property or its contents, beyond normal wear and tear.
- No charges are incurred due to illegal activity, pets, smoking or disputes with local residents or traders.
- All debris, rubbish and discards are placed in the appropriate rubbish or recycling bins in the neighbourhood.
- Beds are stripped of linen and pillow cases (but not mattress or pillow protectors). Linen and (dry) towels should folded and left on each bed. Pillows should be returned to the plastic covers. No linens or towels are lost or damaged.
- All kitchenware, crockery, and cutlery items are clean and returned to where they were found.
- All housewares and beach/picnic equipment are clean and returned to where they were found.
- The electricity and water supplies have been turned off and the water system drained in compliance with the listed departure checks. Any errors in the documentation may lead to the forfeit of all or part of the security deposit and further charges to cover subsequent damage for a period of thirty (30) weeks after departure if the property remains vacant.
- No improper material has been flushed down the toilets. (They may become blocked otherwise. Do not flush anything other than toilet paper. Sanitary products should be disposed of separately. Occupants accept liability for the costs of any repairs necessary. In the event of any loss or damage, the security deposit will be forfeit in whole or in part.)
- The cottage is fully locked and the shutters closed and the keys returned to Faugeres House Ltd, Waring Bottom Farm, West Slaithwaite, Huddersfield HD7 5XB, United Kingdom, within 10 working days of departure.
- Any and all charges accrued during the stay have been paid prior to departure.
- The renter is not evicted by the owners' representative or local law enforcement.
- A sixty (60) day notice is required for cancellation. Cancellations more than sixty (60) days before the arrival date will incur no penalty.
- Cancellations or changes reducing rental periods made less than 60 days before the arrival date will forfeit the 30 percent rental deposit. No refunds will be made in the event of early departure.
- Cancellations more than sixty (60) days before the arrival date are subject to a 5 per cent fee or €60.00, whichever is greater. Changes to rental periods made more than sixty (60) days before the arrival date, subject to availability, will incur a 5 per cent or €60.00 administration fee, whichever is greater.
- Parking: Only street parking — at the owner's risk — is available in Faugères. Faugères House Limited cannot accept any responsibility for vehicles or their contents at any time.
- Water: While the property is on mains water, during a drought, the water may have an odour or become brackish.
- Guests should have adequate (personal or travel) insurance cover for the entire duration of the rental period (and any possible cancellation).
By placing a booking and paying a deposit by bank transfer, all renters agree to uphold these terms and conditions and provide details of the names and ages of the intended occupants.